Web development involves the creation and maintenance of websites, ensuring functionality between the front and back-ends of a website.
Web design involves the conceptual idea of the way the website will look, the colours that will be used, the layout, content, any logos and videos, and where they will fit on the web page. Web development, however, is the creation of these different aspects with the help of different tools
The web developers are then charged with the creation of the building blocks which will fit these things together and make them work cohesively.
There are several different processes involved in web development ranging from the front end and the back end. Below the different elements are explained in more simple terms.
- HTML or HyperText Markup Language tells the webpage what to display. It is, at its most basic level, the words or text on the webpage.
- CSS stands for Cascading Style Sheets tells the webpage the style in which to display the content, such as the colours, fonts, position of elements such as images and videos, and the size of any text on site.
- PHP is used to create dynamic content which can interact with databases.
- MySQL is a relational database management system which can be used in conjunction with Python quite easily for data mining and generation of specific insights for web developers.
Once you have knowledge of Web Development there are many career opportunities in this industry!
Possible jobs in entry-level web development:
- Junior Front-End developer
- Junior PHP developer
- Junior Back-End developer
- Junior Full-Stack developer
- Junior WordPress developer
- IT Support
- Website Tracking Specialist
- IT Service Desk
- Customer Success Manager
- Junior Quality Assurance Tester
- Junior Software Engineer
If you are interested in starting a career in Web Development, Then check out Dublin CODING Schools Web Development ( Full-Stack) course HERE!