Gone are the days of scouring job boards and sending endless resumes. In today’s digital age, Linkedin is the go-to platform for both job seekers and recruiters.
Globally, there are nearly 800 million Linkedin users across 200+ countries, therefore, creating a standout profile can give you a competitive edge. Linkedin revolutionized the job search journey making it accessible for seekers everywhere. As the world moves towards a more remote work culture, Linkedin offers a valuable platform to connect and network with other professionals in your field.
It is no wonder that approximately 30,000 companies rely mainly on Linkedin for their recruitment process with more than 3 million job listings and 100 million job applications per month. Moreover, Linkedin is proven effective in assisting recruiters in their hiring process.
Almost 90% of recruiters state that the platform is helpful, especially in evaluating candidates under 45 years old (90%). In addition, the platform allows you to showcase your experience, skills, and achievements to an extended network of recruiters, hiring managers, and potential employers. So, are you ready to take your career to the next level?
First Impressions Matter: Crafting Your Linkedin Profile
- Start with a clear headline: Your headline should accurately outline your current student status and field of study.
- Use a professional profile picture: A headshot depicting you well and making an excellent first impression can go a long way.
- Write a concise summary: Your summary is your chance to display your skills, background, and accomplishments. Keep it brief and emphasize what sets you apart.
- Optimize your profile with keywords: Include relevant keywords linked to your area of study and future career goals to increase your visibility in search engine results and make it easier for recruiters to find you.
- Highlight your accomplishments: Be proud of your academic honours, extracurricular activities, and volunteer work and show it.
- Build your network: Connect with classmates, lecturers, alums, and experts in your area. Networking is a great way to learn about job opportunities and gain valuable insights into the job market.
- Showcase your projects:Display on your profile any projects completed in and outside your studies (e.g. presentations, portfolio), and highlight your role and actions.
Build Your Network and Opportunities
Being able to network is one of the most valuable benefits of having a Linkedin profile. By connecting with professionals in your industry, you can ask for career advice, and stay updated on job opportunities. It is essential to build a strong network, focus on finding and connecting with relevant professionals, and finally maintain and expand your network by regularly engaging with your connections.
Land Your Dream Job with Ease
Applying for jobs on Linkedin is a breeze! Linkedin has made the job search and application journey much more straightforward. The whole process happens on the platform: search for vacancies, find the right ones, apply, and receive updates on the status of your application directly through the platform. When applying, remember to tailor your profile and applications to the specific role and company, emphasizing your relevant skills and experience
In today’s competitive job market, a strong Linkedin profile can allow you to fully unlock your career potential and find your dream job. So, invest time and effort into building a winning profile today!